To WLADS Members and Friends,
As promised I am writing to keep communication open with all of you and to provide resources that may help navigate this interesting time.
Like the Executive Committee, many of you are grappling with how to proceed with your dental practice following the CDA’s recommendation to suspend nonessential or nonurgent dental care for the next 14 days (as of yesterday). Our recommendation is to continually check the CDA Web site (https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/COVID-19-coronavirus-Updates) for updates including guidance for dental office closures and employment questions.
In addition, the Zaller Law Group, PC, developed some resources regarding employment laws that employers should consider in response to the coronavirus:
- California Wage and Hour Consideration During the Coronavirus: https://www.californiaemploymentlawreport.com/2020/03/california-wage-and-hour-considerations-during-the-coronavirus/
- Employer Contingency Plans for Coronavirus: https://www.californiaemploymentlawreport.com/2020/02/employer-contingency-plans-for-coronavirus/
- Video: Coronavirus: What California Employers Need to Know: https://www.californiaemploymentlawreport.com/2020/03/coronavirus-what-california-employers-need-to-know/
WLADS is a resource for you. If you have questions related to the COVID-19 virus, ideas that you feel others may find useful or other comments, we want to hear from you. Please send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 310-349-2199. If we do not have the answer to your question, we will work to find it and provide the proper resource. In addition, we are working to have the suggestions and ideas shared on the WLADS Web site for all members to access.
As most of you may know, WLADS frequently receives calls from community members asking for dental referrals. We kindly ask that you fill out this survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M3L5LCQ) to let us know if you are open and which procedures (if any) you are doing. This information is for WLADS office staff only and will be used as a resource only.
This is a time for everyone to come together, so please, reach out if you need to. Also remember that CDA Practice Support is available at 800.232.7645 but is experiencing a significant increase in calls, so wait times may be longer than usual. You can also see WLADS updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as our Web site.
We encourage you to continue to check reliable sources for the latest information:
- CDA Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Ordinances by City/County: https://www.cda.org/Home/Practice/Practice-Support/Resource-Library/employment-practices-laws-and-regulations-minimum-wage-and-paid-sick-leave-ordinances-by-citycounty
- County of Los Angeles Public Health Web site: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/
- CDC Web site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Thank you and stay safe,
David Downs DDS
WLADS Board President