To WLADS Members and Friends,
As some of you read in yesterday’s note, we want to remind you that WLADS has arranged to have a webinar for our members with Anthony Zaller, an employment litigation attorney and founding partner of Zaller Law Group, PC. The webinar will take place this Wednesday, March 25 at 10am. Please register here. If you have specific questions that you would like answered, please submit them ahead of time by replying to this e-mail or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you will also find additional links from the ADA and CDA with Q&A recordings, the Coronavirus Response Act and details about telehealth.
I want to give a special shout out to Dr. Marc Hayashi for spearheading WLADS’ supply donation drive. To date, hundreds of masks have been donated along with other items. If you are able and interested in participating, please see the information below.
Thank you, be healthy and stay safe,
David Downs, DDS
WLADS Board President
· Coronavirus Response Act takes effect April 2, expands FMLA and paid sick leave requirements. Additional information can be found here.
- On March 18,2020, the California Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) issued an all-plan letter instructing health plans to take immediate steps to allow people to obtain health care via telehealth when medically appropriate to do so. CDA’s recommendations can be found here.
- CDA clarifies recommendations around “life threatening” dental emergencies. Full details can be found here.
- CDA Webinar with HR for Health: If you were not able to join last Friday’s CDA Webinar, you can view the recording here.
- ADA’s coding and billing interim guidance details can be located here.
- The ADA is now hosting a webinar series called “Power of Three COVID-19 Quick Chat.” The recording from today, Tuesday, March 24, can be listened to here.
- Last week’s ADA Q&A recording regarding COVID-19 can be viewed here. The focus is on COVID-19 infection control protocols and procedures.
- In an effort to help our community, Dr. Marc Hayashi has generously volunteer to lead a WLADS mask drive. If you are able to donate much needed supplies to our local hospitals at this time, please contact Dr. Hayashi at: email@example.com. A list of items in need include:
- Dental masks
- N95 masks
- Reusable goggles
- Safety goggles
- Infrared thermometers
- Face shields
Emergency Dental Service Availability
- If you haven’t already done so, we kindly ask that you fill out this survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M3L5LCQ) to let us know if you are open and which procedures (if any) you are doing. This information is for WLADS office staff only and will be used as a resource only.
CDA Practice Support is available at 800.232.7645 but is experiencing a significant increase in calls, so wait times may be longer than usual. You can also see WLADS updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as our Web site.
We encourage you to continue to check reliable sources for the latest information:
- Mayor Garcetti announces economic relief package for small businesses impacted by the novel coronavirus. To apply for a microloan or view the toolkit, click here.
- CDA’s news page: https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/COVID-19-Coronavirus-Updates
- ADA’s COVID-19 information page: https://success.ada.org/en/practice-management/patients/infectious-diseases-2019-novel-coronavirus?utm_source=adaorg&utm_medium=VanityURL
- County of Los Angeles Public Health Web site: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/
- CDC Web site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- CDA Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Ordinances by City/County: https://www.cda.org/Home/Practice/Practice-Support/Resource-Library/employment-practices-laws-and-regulations-minimum-wage-and-paid-sick-leave-ordinances-by-citycounty
WLADS Upcoming Events – please continue to check our Web site for the latest information on dates and locations.
- June 18 – It’s New, But Is It Better?: An Update on Local Anesthesia (rescheduled from March 19)
- October 23-26 – Ensenada CE Cruise
- November 7 – 17th Annual Golf Tournament (rescheduled from April 18)